Total Pageviews

Friday, December 10, 2010

Nostalgia Mania Part 4: The Birds of Kuala Lumpur

This is definitely a set I have great joy in re-visiting.

I was at the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park at Taman Tasik Perdana on 27th February 2010. It was the perfect chance for my to bring out the monster that was the Tamron SP 70-200 f/2.8 - I swear I wept like a baby when I sold that one, but at the end it was a necessary evil. I used the proceeds to buy the EF 24-70 f/2.8L, another monster in it's own right. In the enclosed space that is the Bird Park, it was sweltering and humid, just like a rainforest should be. It's not often you sweat so much, even under direct sunlight.

Walking around with the el classico 1000D bolstered with a really big gun, the 70-200mm, learning to use this beast was in itself a wonder. Just like any bird parks should be, almost all of the birds roamed free within it's sanctuary, with the exception of the birds of prey and the over-sized, aggressive flighless ones, such as the Ostrich and the Kasawari.

Oh well, rightfully nostalgic about it, lets go see some birds then.





















  

 For those of you who like statistics:
Vital Stats for December: 4 posts 162 pics 
Vital Stats So Far: 34 posts 1,272 pics

2 comments:

  1. Mr Kee!
    I'm loving your photos more and more and becoming an avid fan of your work. your artistry is really blossoming. And I don't say this to just any tom, dick or harry...
    Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas gracias por tu lindas palabras.

    I'll remember you in my acceptance speech!

    ReplyDelete