Total Pageviews

Monday, December 20, 2010

Long Live The King: Just Don't Step On His Blue Suede Shoes...

I was invited to watch Max Pellicano in action on Friday, 11th December 2010 at Sunway Hotel. Since I'm pretty much missing salsa for this, I was thinking to myself, "It better be good!" Little did I know what was coming...


More importantly, who is Max Pellicano?

Elvis Presley passed on to the next life on 16th August 1977, 33 years ago. But his image, legacy and music continue to live on through the labour of love of many tribute artistes. While many are, at best poor imitators (and at worst, destroyers of Elvis’ legacy) one such person sits comfortably at the top of this game. This person is Max Pellicano.

Born in Monte Carlo, with grandparent originally from Southern Italy, Max’s parent moved to New York when he was just 2 years old. Uniquely about Max unlike many Elvis impersonators, Max studied Arts at California State University with dreams of becoming a big Broadway star. Of course, fate has it that after a successful production of ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ promoters approached Max about playing an ‘Elvis’ show is Hawaii. This stint lasted several years and it was there that ‘Elvis to the Max’ was born. The rest as they say, is history.

Brought to you tirelessly by the LEJADI Group and it's President & Chief Executive, Tan Sri Datuk (Dr.) Lim Ewe Jin, the appropriately titled, "Carin' and Sharin' Through Music - A Socially Responsible Evening with Max Pellicano as Elvis to the Max in 'Blue Hawaii" aimed to raise funds for various charities, including the Malaysian Liver Foundation. It is interesting to note that Tan Sri Datuk (Dr.) Lim with the LEJADI Group hold annual charitable events in similar vein, the one last year being a Boney M show. That's right, BONEY M. If anyone is interested in shows next year - be sure to give me a ring.

Oh well, on to the pictures. Some shots of the fancy light decoration just outside Sunway Hotel, in a lovely Christmas theme.






Inside the hotel, I chanced upon a pretty interesting 3D picture hanging near the hotel lobby. Safari anyone?


Sadly, I was not one of the official photographers. Thus, having no super-zoom lens, I didn't even waste much time trying to catch a miniscule Elvis in action. So I waited until after the show when Messrs. Max and Company came out for the photoshoot session, for me to get a few shots in. Cheers Max, and thanks for the memories!















For those of you who like statistics:
Vital Stats for December: 7 posts 261 pics 
Vital Stats So Far: 37 posts 1,371 pics

1 comment:

  1. I went over this website and I believe you have a lot of wonderful information, saved to my bookmarks
    Flush Mount Lights

    ReplyDelete