Total Pageviews

Monday, November 15, 2010

Malaysia-International Fashion Week 2010

The date is 6th November 2010, on a scorching Saturday afternoon, and I find myself inconspicuously tucked within the recesses of the Hoi-Poloi consisting of Kuala Lumpur’s most unfairly advantaged individuals in the magnificent phallus which is Pavilion. I was invited as one of the guests of Designer Extraordinaire, Ms. Micky Tan, to witness a showcase of talents by 9 of the local fashion industry’s more luminous talents at the Malaysia-Internaitonal Fashion Week 2010 (M-IFW 2010). I have the absolute honor of being associated with Micky Tan and I thank her for the opportunity to immortalize a slice of this orgy of colours, celebrities and ridiculously high heels, with a side helping of lipstick and hairspray.

I’ll refrain from commenting too much on the event since I have always been more of a photographer rather than a commentator (better to be seen, not heard, is what I always say), and further, my knowledge on the fashion world is sorely lacking save for my hideous mug and my bad taste in clothing. Go check out the Malaysian International Fashion Alliance (MIFA) website for the information I can't provide to you.

I was rather pleased to see the very entertaining Edwin Sumun as the host for that Saturday afternoon. Witty as always, I drew a smirk as he stepped on stage and announced that he was ready to get his picture taken, proceeded to gracefully glide down the catwalk and struck a pose in front of the media cameras. Charming.

Other celebrities include Chelsia Ng (who looked ridiculously, mind-bogglingly, incredibubbly amazing in a green dress - see picture later) and one over-made-up Amber Chia. Oh, and there was this unnamed guest with the most jaw-dropping simple plain black dress with cleavage that will instantly pump hot blood through all parts of your body, man or woman.  

Anyways, I hope you enjoy viewing these skinny women as much I did photographing them.






























If you must know, I was sporting a Canon EOS 50D (w/battery grip attached) with a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L glass and a Canon 580 EXII flash gun. Lighting was reasonably good although I don't really know why a number of the pics are blurry...


For those of you who like statistics:
Vital Stats for November: 4 posts 149 pics 
Vital Stats So Far: 29 posts 1,104 pics

No comments:

Post a Comment