Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

Friday Social@Bernard's: Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name

"Sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your name. And they're always glad you came."

It didn't exactly air during my time but I nevertheless kinda grew up with Cheers. With the ensemble cast of Ted Danson, Shelly Long, Kirstie Alley, Rhea Pearlman, Woody Harrelson and Kelsey Grammer (among others), you really go wrong! I always felt aesthetically, the bar and restaurant Bernard's @ Centrepoint, Bandar Utama had a similar feel.

Greetings fellow salseros! It has been a while since I brought my trusty camera to a social dance floor. Reason? I really would rather spend the time dancing than to shoot pictures. I've always insisted that my innate Male programming does not allow me to exercise simultaneous functions effectively. This means that either I dance well, or I take nice pictures. I can't seem to do both. This male programming makes us guys viciously effective in what we do, but monotonous as a result.

Back to the dancing. Friday night, 26th March 2011 is the second Friday since SalsaSam kick-started the Petaling Jaya Friday Night Social @ Bernard's @ Centrepoint, Bandar Utama. We are also welcoming back our very own DJ Joe - back into the spinning scene after a 2-year hiatus. As I was informed DJ Joe will be spinning every alternate Friday night. Since SalsaSam himself kickstarted the latest Friday Night Social, DJ Joe will pick-up this week where Sam left off last week!

As widely mentioned, there is NO COVER-CHARGE PAYABLE. However, we do implore the common sense and kindness of the salsa community to support this kind establishment which has given us yet another salsa social (and to many, one much much nearer to home!) and to purchase drinks (and food if you feel it necessary - I hear some of the fare there is much celebrated).

Location wise, there appears to be 24-hour security guards present. I've been to Centrepoint at all odd times (trust me on this) and those faithful jagas have always been around. Parking is FREE after 6.00pm. There, I said it. But for the love of all that is good, please hold on to your parking ticket. You're going to have to validate it and slot it back in the yellow machine-thingy before you leave the carpark. And the after-Social mamak is just around the corner too...

[Editor's Note: If anyone wants to know more about the drinks and dining menu at Bernard's, please leave your comments/requests at the bottom of this article, and I'll be sure to check with them the next chance I get, and update you kind folks.]















For those of you who like statistics:
Vital Stats for March: 5 posts 174 pics
Vital Stats So Far: 58 posts 2,368 pics


Disclaimer: The views published in the above photoblog are the author's and the author's alone. If readers are not agreeable with the above views, well, you can bugger-off. All rights are reserved for the photos and the article itself. This article may be reproduced with permission of the author for private or public usage, or other forms of general mayhem. Thank you for reading this disclaimer.

2 comments:

  1. Cheers, Dom! Only thing missing from Bernard's is the yummy Bartender. Don't see one there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linnet!

    However, the last time I checked, the yummy bartender was this pretty indian lady behind the counter!

    ReplyDelete