Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

WORLD BACHATA FESTIVAL 2016: PART II

Welcome to Day 2 of the World Bachata Festival 2016!

Why Day 2? Well, Day 1 was full of incidents on my side, including an accident (my fault and due to rain) while on the way to Wisma Bentley. Lets not have unpleasant stories spoil what was a nice event.

I've been involved in the Malaysian Street Latin dance scene for a while now and I used to whip that 'ol camera out a lot more often. These days I've been occupied but I try to shoot from time-to-time. I have this theory that dance photos taken by dancers potentially had more impact, due to actual experience with timing and musicality. With each photoshoot I do, I hope this rings true for my shots.

The photos are not my best work, I admit. Anyone who shoots stage shots can attest that the toughest thing about these kinda pictures are the dynamic and ever changing lighting. Imbalanced lighting is often unforgiving and harsh.There were sooo many photographers that night with probably a variety of shooting styles, that I'm sure there are a ton of great ones.

But I tried my best and this is my Tribute to all Performers and the sacrifices they make, covered in Blood, Sweat and Tears, in putting on a show. I hope you like it. At least a little bit? Maybe? Come on, gimme a break!

As  usual, to all dancers in the photos, if you want high resolution shots of what I have, don't hesitate to ask.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD BACHATA FESTIVAL 2016!


Amar Singh and Dance Blaze Academy!





Kalnish!



Lovely Ladies from LDA!





Coco and Vyara!







KL Son Project feat. Selva and Nefey!










Salseros with Attitude!



Nestor and Kalnish!





Bangkok Touch!







Jeremy Sim!




Modus Vivendi Student Team!



J.R. Gotengco!





Ricardo and Mariko!





Next up: Havana Estudio!

To be continued...


You can find Part 1 here:
World Bachata Festival 2016 Part 1 

You can find Part 3 here:
World Bachata Festival 2016 Part 3 

Disclaimer: The views published in the above photoblog are the author's and the author's alone. If readers are not agreeable with the above views, well, you can bugger-off. All rights are reserved for the the photos and/or articles itself. This article may be reproduced with permission from the author for private or public usage, or other forms of general mayhem. Any unauthorized usage of the images and/or article contained herein is expressly prohibited. Violators will be violated with kitchen utensils and hot tar, and survivors will be prosecuted with the full force of Malaysian law applicable. Thank you for reading this disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment